Published on — Mon Feb 27 2023
- I went to visit a friend who recently moved out of the city to a place called Orpington which means connected to Orped's settlement—I love English place names! We ate snacks and watched crime documentaries and it was the best! I rarely get this kind of easy hangout time as a single person who lives alone and doesn't have a ton of friends in the new country she moved herself to in a pandemic.
- Entering in my 12th (and therefore last?) post-covid week, feeling better and better but I still need a lot of sleep. I also still have a couple of non-covid things to deal with so don't worry, plenty for me to still stress about.
- I was sick all of December holidays so I'm really ready for (but haven't planned) some time off while being mostly well!
- Oh! I went to see Bernie Sanders give a talk about his new book, It's OK to be Angry about Capitalism, which was a double treat because Emma Dabiri was the interviewer. Possibly I was in the lift with Jeremy Corbyn as well but we'll never know.
- Long Tailed Tits visited my garden, incredible! I tried to get photos but just managed feeder-shots which is ok.
- Farming update: tomato seedlings are thriving. Only one was a dud and didn't germinate properly. Poppies didn't germinate great but yarrow did! A couple more flowers starting to come up. In March I can start off some more!
- The start of the week was pretty sad and lonely but it got better.