Published on — Tue Apr 25 2023
- I felt so much more like myself this week. The effects of weaning off the steroids having tettered off. I won't indulge in too much jubilation, 7 weeks ago when I last celebrated better health, I shortly thereafter ended up far worse off.
- The isolation of illness, singleness, newness to a country and remote work has been compounded by chaos at work leaving me on a team of 1 (for now). So little human interaction across the board. I found it really difficult to use my brain and to work this week.
- But, I did some normal life things! I am trying to book in as many as I can now, in a reasonable way, so that I have something to sustain me should things get worse again.
- I went to a climate protest and walked around a nice neighborhood and went a couple-friend's place for dinner. I had coffee with a new friend!
- I'm reading Arrangements in Blue by Amy Key and never have I felt so seen. Adult singleness articulated so well. Also, Joni Mitchell.
- I've stayed away from Instagram for months now, the happy posts of people not ill and people not alone had not been great for my health. But I came back to post a bit about my health, now that I'm on the other side of recent ailments and learned about other friends struggling with covid and other long term illnesses. I'm glad I shared (but sad we have to deal with these things).