Freezer loaded with bags of boiled peanuts.
- I'm 22 books-read into the year (illness brings extra reading time)!
- There were thunderstorms this week and I sat on the porch and watched them blow through.
- I was dizzier and more nauseous than usual, I assume just part of the weaning off steroids process.
- I had the strange left-side neurological (I'm guessing) weird stuff that I had in my first 3 months after covid for a few days, not great for my peace of mind and of course I've no clue why.
- In addition to lots of boiled peanuts, I'm eating more of the food of my homeland: pimento cheese, grits, iced tea and queso.
- It is very hot and humid here in my homeland—Georgia, USA—it's more than I can handle on a long term basis but if I were living here again, boy, I'd grow a lot of tomatoes.
- Pretty tearful by the end of the week. I hope the rest of weaning goes well, I hope that getting a covid booster goes well and I hope I don't possibly emerge from (by then) 11 months of illness just to have to be on high-alert for a winter covid spike in a country without boosters for all.
- I hope I can eventually write less emo weekly updates!